REAL OLDIES - BOUTHER AND MARY - SOME OF THE BOUTHER ERICKSON CLAN. TWO TRIPS TO NEW YORK BY CLAUDE'S CLAN. LOTS OF QUESTIONS...

 These are very old....

that young man on the right front is Bouther Erickson (in Iceland he was Bardur - when they immigrated his name must have been written as Bouther at immigration and that remained his legal name).  He was born in Iceland.  That's my Grandfather, Claude and Maxine's father.  So Claude, Maxine and all the others, were first generation Americans on the Erickson side - pretty cool!  I do not know who the other two men are - if you do, please let me know!!!  They look like family.






Bouther H Erickson
(I'm told the H was actually just that... no middle name, just the H?)

Do you think this might have been their wedding picture?
Bouther and Mary Helena Erickson

She was petite, and so pretty!  I wish I had known her.  


Mary and her girls.
Lily, Stella, Iola, Clover, Charlotte, Maxine... who am I missing?
and I have no idea who is who, other than Lily was the oldest, and Maxine the youngest.
Does anyone have any ideas?


Claude and Afton Erickson - 1940's


That's Claudine on the boot of the car, and Brad and Boyd Sr. standing.  We all traveled to Palmyra, New York to watch (and I think some of my sisters participated in) the Hill Cumorah Pageant.  Brad and Boyd were serving missions in the area and we were able to see them while there.


Bradley Allen Erickson in front of the sign he designed for the Pageant.

I don't know where this monument is - chime in if you were there!  I was, but I'm the munchkin!
L to R:  Virginia, April, Geneva, Claudine, Afton, Claude, Eve

Top of Cumorah?  
L to R:  Eve, Brad or Boyd?, Claudine, April, Geneva, Virginia, Judith, Afton

Liberty Jail

L to R: April, Geneva, Evelyn, Claudine, Judith, Virginia

Pageant preparation - looking down on the seating (benches) being set up.

Sacred Grove

Can you believe we drove cross-country?  Twice? 
I have a lot of questions here... what state is the license plate - is that Utah?

Our second trip to New York a couple of years later - this time we lived there for a year in Kingston area in upstate New York, where Dad was asked to build a branch chapel.  This is Claudine and Michelle - I think Michelle was around 1 or 1-1/2 years old.

Same spot - top of Cumorah, a few years later.
L to R: Mom (Afton), Michelle, Claudine, Virginia, April, Evelyn, Geneva
Judi, Eve and Geneva didn't stay in New York - they had already graduated soon left for California.  Virginia joined them after she graduated.


Church History Sites - Joseph Smith home?





So I had lots of questions - text me or comment here if you have the answers!  
















Comments

Popular Posts